Monday, June 27, 2011

Their vegan pants are on fire...

I just found this article on the Huffington Post website. Apparently VegNews magazine was using pictures of (gasp!) REAL MEAT. I actually think it's pretty funny, but apparently some people were seriously upset. It's a short article, so give it a read and tell me what you think. Would this make you mad?


http://www.slashfood.com/2011/04/14/vegan-magazines-faux-meat-recipe-photos-actually-real-meat/

You can also check out the original article from quarrygirl.com here.

4 comments:

  1. I think it's bizarre...especially for the poor souls trying to replicate the recipe and can't figure out for the life of them why their food turned out different. I'm not offended, but I am scratching my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they should just ban ALL photos. After all, the SAME CAMERA could be used to take photos of dead animals, thereby making the camera NON-VEGAN. :) Ok, ok enough sarcasm. It's misleading, yes, but there are bigger issues in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, i hear you. unfortunately, this isn't a big issues blog... although it is interesting to me what people decide is going to be a big issue to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, in case there was any confusion, I should clarify that the comment was directed more to the quarrygirl.com article. :)

    ReplyDelete